Monday, September 21, 2009

Video tutorial for Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off

Cat Bordhi, grande dame of sock knitting, has just posted a video tutorial of my bind-off. Thank you Cat for helping me to spread the word!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abBhe-JYmgI&feature=channel

Cat will be signing copies of her new book, Personal Footprints for Insouciant Sock Knitters, at Yorkshire Yarns in Lakewood WA on Thursday September 24, 4-8:30 pm. In addition to her fabulous sock construction patterns, her book also teaches the JSSBO as a bind-off for toe-up socks. Cat is a fabulous human being and well worth the trip to come meet her and say hello. I hope anyone within driving range of Lakewood (Tacoma suburb) will come to Yorkshire Yarns this Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great video! I'm glad Cat did it; it was great in her class, too, but now everyone can see it. Sometimes it's easier to follow video than still pictures...but I do love your Knitty.com article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeny, you are brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!!! This bind off, posted in Knitty, saved a sweater. I thought for sure I'd have to reknit the entire thing to get it stretchy enough to block to the proper length because even EZ's bind off didn't give me enough flexibility, but your bind off saved it for me. It stretches more than the fabric of the rest of the sweater. Thank you soooooo much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete